In 2012, the Riverside Bible Camp Association was given the opportunity to purchase a farm property that is located only two and a half miles from the camp. This second property, also owned by the River Hills Farm, LLC, is affectionally called "The Family Farm." The history of The Family Farm is very similar to that of the River Hills Farm.
In 1875 a soldier by the name of Alexander McGregor received 80 acres for his service in the war. Mr. McGregor built a two-story farmhouse for his family. That farmhouse, which is no longer standing, was built where the current livestock building now stands; however, it is believed that the barn's foundation is the original foundation that was built by Mr. McGregor in the 1800s. In 1934, the farm was purchased by Charles and Beulah Kealiher. Beulah was the daughter of Robert Stedman, the gentleman who donated the original piece of land where Riverside Bible Camp is located today. This special farm remained in the Kealiher family until 2013 at which time it was lovingly sold to Riverside Bible Camp. It is incredible to see how these three properties, Riverside Bible Camp, River Hills Farm and The Family Farm have intertwined over the years and how all three are being used to serve the Lord.
If you would like to know more about the historical connections between these families and Riverside, please visit the history page for Riverside Here.